We are Europe's leading provider of cybersecurity. We offer our customers consulting, solutions, and managed security services. Especially with our Managed Detection & Response and Threat Intelligence Services, we help our customers to detect threats, identify risks and react appropriately to incidents. In this way, we protect their information assets and IT resources around the clock (24x7 Continuous Service Delivery). With over 2,500 employees in 19 countries worldwide, we are always where our customers need us.
Are you studying computer science and looking for a working student position (16-20 hours per week) that offers attractive remuneration and will help you develop your skills? Can you keep a cool head even in critical situations, and while others are sleeping you really get going? Are you hungry for "doing" and want to test theory in practice? Then you've come to the right place. Learn from our experts in the CyberSOC team at Orange Cyberdefense the Netherlands in Utrecht.
- Familiarisation with the various subject areas
- Interpretation of and reaction to alarms from security systems
- Evaluation of log data, PCAPs and forensic analysis of malware
- Anomaly and attack pattern detection along the cyber kill chain
- Independent incident handling in night/holiday/weekend shifts
- Implementation of the requirements and documentation of the activities carried out
- Initial analysis of alarms of IT security systems
- Monitoring of IT security systems and reaction to incident reports that occur (incident management)
- ... will ideally start as soon as possible in our CyberSOC team in Utrecht
- Computer science or comparable degree, ideally with a focus on IT security
- Basics in networks (OSI layer) and operating systems (Windows and Unix/Linux)
- Basics of IT security (firewall, VPN, proxy, malware protection, ...)
- Knowledge of pentesting and IT forensics desirable (analysis of attacks, behaviour of malware)
- Interest in CtFs such as HackTheBox or TryHackMe.
- Quick comprehension and willingness to familiarise yourself with new topics
- Solution-oriented approach and ability to transfer this into a programming language
- Willingness to work night/holiday/weekend shifts
- Very good knowledge of Dutch and/or English
What can you expect from Orange Cyberdefense
- A dynamic environment with diverse topics and responsible tasks
- A family-like, young team with a "you" culture that enjoys its work
- A structured induction phase tailored to your needs
- Steep learning curve and valuable experience in attack detection and the application of the latest IT security systems
- Flexible working hours at a competitive salary
- Optional: a student trainee position following your internship, supervision of a thesis
We are located in a new office in Utrecht. You can reach the office easily by public transport and there is enough space to park your car (using P&R).
Please reach out to us if you are interested after reading this vacancy and you want to learn more about this position, the team or our organization. Apply and/or leave your contact details if you want to explore the potential opportunities! We are ready to invite you for a first introduction!
If you want to know more about the job, feel free to contact Michel de Weerd (Manager CyberSOC) via Michel.firstname.lastname@example.org