What you do as a SIEM Specialist
As a SIEM Specialist you will manage our customers SIEM solutions globally. This role is part of our Managed SIEM (MSIEM) team in the CyberSOC where you and other SIEM specialists will securely enable availability- and performance levels of customers SIEM solutions. Daily tasks involve mitigating incidents, deploying changes, maintaining- and developing customer SIEM solutions through lifecycle management. You will be an important resource in our service delivery and an integrated part of our team.
Your tasks consist of
· Ensuring a safe continuity of customer environments regarding cybersecurity
· Monitoring the MSIEM infrastructure
· Analyzing, advising and solving SIEM-related issues
· Managing onboarding projects of new customers
· Coordinating vendor support staff to solve incidents
· Updating and upgrading the MSIEM infrastructure of customers
· Reporting on a monthly basis about customer environments
· Being involved in the development of CyberSOC services related to MSIEM
· Cooperating with different colleagues in different roles to deliver crucial support to stakeholders
What you bring to Orange Cyberdefense
You have technical expertise and interest in SIEM solutions with a background in server administration and networking. Your communication skills in Dutch and English are fluent, both spoken and written. You thrive with troubleshooting and see problem solving as an exciting challenge.
Furthermore you bring:
- Knowledge of SIEM solutions such as Splunk (preferred), LogPoint, QRadar, Sentinel
- Knowledge of installing and configuring SIEM addons and apps
- Knowledge and experience of automation tools like Ansible (preferred), Puppet or Chef
- Knowledge and experience of operating system versions of Windows & Linux (CentOS & Redhat)
- Knowledge and experience of cloud computing and vendors like AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud
- Basic knowledge on shell scripting (Powershell, Python and Linux shell)
- Basic understanding of networking security, network concepts and firewalls
Depending on your level of seniority, one of the below certificates is desired..
- Splunk Certifications (Admin preferred)
- LogPoint Certifications
- QRadar Certifications
- CompTIA Network+ certified
- CompTIA Linux+ or similar Linux certification
- CompTIA Security+ certified
As a junior SIEM specialist we will discuss your learning path in regards to these certificates
You will be part of the CyberSOC organization and working in an international team with colleagues from the Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom and Sweden. In the Netherlands, you will be working with 10+ colleagues in different roles including managed SIEM and security analysts.
What can you expect from Orange Cyberdefense?
Working at Orange Cyberdefense will give you the chance to develop both personally and professionally. A learning mindset is key in an environment with a high rate of change and quick decision-making. Based on your personal and company development needs, you define you path for growth. We believe that providing an atmosphere where we are having fun at work and love what we do, we will also get the best results.
We offer a generous benefit package including a personal development plan, a company car, pension plan, a financial bonus based on personal targets as well as company targets and much more!
We are located in a new office in Utrecht. You can reach the office easily by public transport and there is enough space to park your car (using P&R).
In times of Covid-19, we’re all working from home. Orange Cyberdefense is taking good care of their employees in facilitating a professional and healthy workspace at home. We’ve designed an online onboarding program to support our new hires adopting their new work environment and finding her/his way. Also the team will take care of our new joiners, with a buddy, introduction meetings with colleagues and overall support of the team manager.
Please reach out to us if you are interested after reading this vacancy and you want to learn more about this position, the team or our organization. Apply and/or leave your contact details if you want to explore the potential opportunities! We are ready to invite you for a first introduction!
If you want to know more about the application procedure, feel free to contact Renee van Middelkoop (HR Advisor) via firstname.lastname@example.org .
Assessment and screening are part of the procedure.